Performance problems may occur in interactive planning if the data volumes are very large. The design of the planning books/data views significantly influences the performance. This note describes how you can improve the performance of the interactive planning.
Interactive planning, GUI
This problem is caused by large data volumes and the planning book and the data view not being defined optimally.Solution
To improve performance, especially for drilldowns with large datasets, note the following optimizations:
- 1. Ensure that you are using the latest SAP APO Add-On Support Package.
- 2. Ensure that the following notes are implemented in your system:
- a) 505886
- b) 506731 (also 532468)
- c) 508236
- d) 576150
- 3. Reduce the number of key figures in the book. Delete all key figures that you do not need. As a result, the system reads less data, which improves internal data processing.
- 4. If possible, use several specialized books to ensure that there is only a small number of key figures for each book.
- 5. When you define a data view, limit the key figures and periods. Do not include key figures and periods that are not essential.
- 6. If required, define several data views for a book to ensure that there is only a small number of key figures or periods for each data view.
- 7. Only use a time buckets profile for the past in your data view if historical data is actually required (for the macros, for example).
- 8. Only display historical data if it is important for your planning.
- 9. Display historical data in change mode. Setting attributes for the display mode is more time consuming.
- 10. Optimize the macros used and ensure that macros are not executed needlessly or more than once. Consider in particular standard macros that are automatically executed.
- 11. Restrict selections to a maximum, to keep the dataset that is loaded as small as possible. Where possible, replace drilldown operations with special selections.
- 12. Where possible, use internal SAP drilldown macro functions instead of manual drilldowns. These allow you to process large datasets internally, without having to transfer them to the front end for display.
- 13. Avoid using InfoCube key figures if possible.
- 14. Only initialize the planning area for the period that is currently being used. You can change the initialization period at any time.
|Release Status:||Released for Customer|
|Released on:||17.02.2006 13:38:47|
|Primary Component:||SCM-APO-FCS Demand Planning|
|864950 - Performance problems in DP mass processing|
|645292 - Composite SAP note on improving performance of drilldown|
|541703 - Collective consulting note on technical subjects in DP|
|541633 - Collective consulting note on interactive planning|