As of APO 3.0 Support Package 12 (or Notes '398497' and '394613), the interactive DP/SNP planning contains an enhanced function for the display/change mode. This note contains some information on this subject area.
This enhanced function only applies to Interactive Planning and not to Collaborative Planning.
Display Mode, Change Mode, Interactive Planning
As of APO 3.0 Support Package 12, planning books/data views for DP planning areas are started by default in the change mode while planning books/ data views for SNP planning areas are started by default in the display mode. Using the status icons (display/change) or the corresponding menu, you can choose between the display and change mode.Bear in mind the following:
- No locks are set in the display mode.
- You cannot run planning tools such as heuristics in the display mode
- You can only switch to the change mode if objects were previously selected and the related data already loaded.
- When switching to change mode, the data must be read again since they were not locked previously and could therefore have been changed in the meantime by another user.
- When switching to display mode, the data must be checked (and therefore read again) since the user could have previously carried out data changes in change mode.If data were already changed, a query appears, asking whether you want to save the data.
- When switching between display and change mode (and vice versa), drilldown and show-related operations previously executed may be ignored. The data are always aggregated (that is, without drill-down) when loaded.
- When switching between display and change mode, always the data for the current selection are read. If a new selection is made after loading data, the data for the new selection are loaded when switching from display to change mode. If the data for the previous selection were changed and have not been saved yet, you are asked whether the changes are to be saved.
- The display/change mode of a planning book can be influenced with the BAdI '/SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT' (Method 'DVIEW_DISPLAY_MODE_SET').This allows you to override the default logic and to either start planning books in change or display mode or convert them to simple display books. For details, refer to the sample implementation.
- The display/ change mode can be altered for specific users with the user parameter '/SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE':
- '''I''' (Initial)
TA SDP94 started in display mode, switch to change mode possible
- 'A' (Always)
TA SDP94 started in display mode, switch to change mode not possible
- '''C''' (Change)
TA SDP94 started in change mode (if the planning book/ data view permits the change mode)
|Release Status:||Released for Customer|
|Released on:||18.09.2003 18:13:34|
|Primary Component:||SCM-APO-FCS Demand Planning|
|Secondary Components:||SCM-APO-SNP Supply Network Planning (SNP)|
|1045639 - Consulting notes in SNP/CTM|
|541633 - Collective consulting note on interactive planning|
|398497 - Change/Display mode in interactive planning|
|394613 - Error while jumping to display mode|