Source: SCM Server Help
The system cannot create or delete any receipt elements using the procurement planning functions given above within the PP/DS planning time fence. If the system creates a new receipt for the product, it has to schedule the procurement proposal so that the availability date/time of the receipt is outside the planning time fence. Since existing receipts, whose availability date/time is in the PP/DS horizon, are firmed, the system may, at most, only re-explode the PPM plan, the iPPE process structure or the production data structure (PDS) for these receipts. Note that in the case of a procurement proposal with several output products, the system only takes into account the planning time fence of the product for which the system executes planning; the system does not consider the planning time fences of the other output products.
You use the PP/DS planning time fence if you have completed short and medium-term procurement planning for the product and want to prevent changes being made by automatic procurement planning. In the PP/DS planning time fence, you only want to execute sequence optimization on the resources for the existing in-house production orders. You can, however, manually create, change or delete receipts at any time in the PP/DS planning time fence.
No PP/DS functions and heuristics, other than the ones mentioned here, consider the PP/DS planning time fence:
* Action Cover dependent and stock transport requirements immediately if possible
* Action Cover dependent and stock transport requirements immediately
* Heuristics that execute procurement planning and can create or delete procurement proposals
* These heuristics include, for example, the standard heuristic SAP_PP_002 for planning standard lots.
* The standard heuristic SAP_PCM_DIS for dissolving production campaigns
The PP/DS planning time fence begins at the current time and continues for the given number of workdays into the future.
DependenciesThe system determines the workdays from the production calendar for the location. If you have not maintained any data in the production calendar, all days are workdays.
NoteYou can specify a time fence interactively in the product view. It may override the planning time fence in the following way:
* If the time fence is after the end of the PP/DS planning time fence, planning is fixed until the time fence.
* If the time fence is before the end of the PP/DS planning time fence, planning is fixed until the end of the planning time fence.