- analyzing and monitoring procurement spend and sourcing opportunities;
- conducting advanced inventory analysis;
- understanding reasons for stock-outs;
- optimizing transportation operations and reducing fuel costs;
- managing the cost and quality of manufacturing operations.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Obstacle to an efficient and effective supply chain
A major obstacle to accomplishing these goals for many companies has been the lack of visibility into their data across the supply chain, causing them to make daily business decisions without accurate, actionable information. Companies now recognize that to achieve their goals, detect issues before they become major problems, and run an optimized supply chain, they must have visibility into the data throughout their organization. Accurate and timely data is essential for: